Are You High Risk?
For some women, pre-existing health problems such as diabetes, high blood pressure, heart disease or asthma make their pregnancies risky from the start.
You may be considered at risk for any of these reasons:
- Younger than 18 or older than 35
- Underweight or overweight
- Anemic (low red blood cell count and poor nutrition status)
- Previously given birth more than four times
- Previously delivered a very large or very small baby
- Previous miscarriage
- Family history of genetic disease or a previous baby with a birth defect
- Weak cervix
- Pre-existing medical conditions such as diabetes, high blood pressure, heart, lung or kidney disease, lupus, rheumatoid arthritis or epilepsy
- History of blood clots
- Use of infertility medications or treatments (more likely to result in multiple births)
- Use of cigarettes, illicit drugs or alcohol to excess
Maternal-Fetal Medicine Team
If you need specialized care for a high-risk pregnancy, rest assured we've got you covered. We collaborate with our maternal-fetal medicine team to deliver a wide array of diagnostic tests and services, right here at Mountain View Hospital.
If you’d like a consultation with a Maternal-Fetal Medicine physician, please call (866) 887-3999.
Comprehensive Personalized Care for Expecting Moms
Personalized to meet the unique qualities of your pregnancy, our comprehensive services include the following:
- Consultations and recommendations
- Regular obstetric ultrasounds
- Detailed ultrasounds
- 1st trimester nuchal translucency screening
- Genetic screening
- Prenatal diagnostic services such as amniocentesis and chorionic villus sampling.
- Preconception counseling
- Antenatal testing
- Fetal therapy such as blood transfusions and fetal surgical procedures