There are steps you can take to lower your risk of epilepsy.
Prevent seizures that happen from head injuries by:
- Wearing seat belts and bicycle helmets
- Putting children in car seats
- Get help right away if you think you have had a seizure.
- Get prenatal care to help prevent brain damage to a growing fetus:
- Treat high fevers (especially in children) with medicine
Take steps to prevent or control health problems, such as:
- High blood pressure
- Heart disease
- Liver disease
- Kidney disease
- Any health problem that may affect or injure your brain
- Reviewer: EBSCO Medical Review Board Rimas Lukas, MD
- Review Date: 03/2019 -
- Update Date: 03/26/2019 -