November 13, 2014
Payson, UT — Mountain View Hospital has been presented with the 2014 HealthInsight Quality Award for demonstrating high quality health care and excellence in performance on publicly reported quality of care and patients’ perception of care measures. This is the sixth year in a row that the hospital has received the award.
The HealthInsight Quality Award acknowledges hospitals that achieve high levels of performance on the care related to the publicly reported quality measures:
- Fibrinolytic medication within 30 minutes of arrival
- Statin prescribed at discharge
- Percutaneous coronary intervention (PCI) within 90 minutes of arrival
- Fibrinolytic medication within 30 minutes of arrival for outpatients
- Aspirin at arrival for outpatients
- ACE inhibitor for left ventricular systolic dysfunction
- Discharge instructions
- Appropriate initial antibiotic
- Blood culture before first dose of antibiotics
Surgical Infection Prevention
- Preventative antibiotic(s) within one hour before surgery
- Appropriate preventative antibiotic(s)
- Preventative antibiotic(s) stopped within 24 hours after surgery
- Cardiac surgery patients with controlled blood glucose post surgery
- Patients on a Beta Blocker prior to arrival who received a Beta Blocker during the perioperative period
- Surgery patients whose urinary catheters were removed on the first or second day after surgery
- Treatment to prevent blood clots within 24 hours before or after selected surgeries
- Preventative antibiotic one hour before incision for outpatients having surgery
- Appropriate preventative antibiotic for outpatients having surgery
The clinical topics measured for the awards have been designated as national health care priorities by the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services.
In addition to publicly reported quality of care measures, hospitals that qualified for the HealthInsight Quality Award performed well on the Hospital Consumer Assessment of Healthcare Providers and Systems (HCAHPS) measures. HCAHPS is a national survey that asks patients about their experiences during a recent hospital stay.
“HealthInsight commends Mountain View Hospital for its commitment to excellence in improving patient care,” said Juliana Preston, Executive Director of HealthInsight Utah.
The HealthInsight Quality Award Program was launched in September 2004 to promote transparency in health care. According to the Institute of Medicine, transparency in health care means a system that is “accountable to the public, works openly, makes results known, and builds trust through disclosure.” By using available quality data to identify high performing providers and publicizing the results, HealthInsight aims to help providers improve health care and help patients become more active and informed participants in that care.
“The consistency with which we have met the requirements of HealthInsight’s Quality Award Program is a testament to the care that Mountain View Hospital has provided to the community day-in an day-out for many years. The outstanding staff at Mountain View Hospital is dedicated to providing the very best in patient care. We are proud of the work that is represented by this distinguished award,” said CEO and Administrator Kevin Johnson.