It is very important that you carefully follow all instructions provided by your physician prior to surgery. Not following these may result in a delay in surgery.
If you have any questions, please call us at (801) 465-7191.
- Do not eat or drink anything after midnight the night prior to your surgery. This includes solid food, gum, candy, liquids (including water), and dairy products of any kind. It is very important that you have an empty stomach when you arrive for surgery. You may take approved medications as instructed by your pre-operative nurse.
- Take and shower or bath either the night before or the morning of your surgery.
- Brush your teeth, being careful not to swallow any liquid.
- Wear loose fitting clothing that are easy to remove and will fit over any bandages or splints.
- Use make–up and hair products sparingly.
- Lotions and deodorants should not be applied to any area near the surgery site.
- Leave all jewelry at home, including earrings and body piercings of any kind.
- Remove contact lenses prior to surgery. You may bring eyeglasses if needed to read and sign any forms.
- Please arrange for someone you know drive you home and stay with you for 24 hours after your surgery.
We will call you the day before your surgery to discuss the time of surgery and your medical history.
If you have any serious medical problems or have recently developed a cold, fever, sore throat or any other condition that you believe might affect your readiness for surgery, please tell us during your phone interview.
You will be asked to review and sign a consent form prior to surgery. A parent or legal guardian must be available to sign for patients under the age of 18.
Bring your driver’s license or picture ID, insurance cards, co-pays and deductibles, if needed. You will be required to make a payment on the day of your surgery if your insurance does not cover your surgery in full.
Please limit only one adult visitor per patient and one or both parents for children under 18. Please do not bring small children if possible.
Please don’t hesitate to contact us anytime if you have any questions. Thank you for choosing Mountain View Hospital!