To schedule a tour, call (801) 465-7000
The Birthing Experience You Want
At Mountain View Hospital in Payson, we treat childbirth as wellness, not illness. That means you decide:
You can use an obstetrician or a certified nurse midwife.
We have pain management to suit your preference: 24-hour epidural coverage, walking during labor, birthing balls, and movement to find positions of comfort while in labor.
If you choose to breastfeed,our experienced nurses and certified lactation specialists are here to help.
However you decide to welcome your baby into the world, you'll give birth, rest and recover in a spacious, comfortable and beautiful private room. Our birthing rooms have a home-like atmosphere to help make your experience comfortable.
Following delivery, you will have your own private room with the option of having your newborn by your bedside or in the nursery so you can have some much necessary rest.
Here are a few reasons you'll enjoy your birthing experience, as well as your hospital stay:
- Every spacious and private birthing suite is designed to ensure your comfort.
- Furnishings include a birthing bed, sleeper sofa and rocking chair. Internet access and TV/VCR will have you feeling right at home.
- You and your baby will rest and recover together in your room if you choose.
- Medical equipment that might be needed during your baby's birth is close by, but concealed for a more peaceful experience.
- 24/7 visiting hours in the Labor and Delivery Unit will allow your family and guests to ooh-and-ahh over your new addition.
- Our state-of-the-art HUGS infant security system protects your baby throughout your hospital stay.
Full obstetrical services include the following:
- Labor and delivery
- Birthing rooms
- Nursery with a high-tech infant security system
- Newborn respiratory services
- Post-partum unit
- Lactation consultation
- Prenatal education
- Antepartum testing
- Newborn education channel
- Infant hearing screening
- Perinatology services
- Certified nurse-midwives welcome
- Physician referral
- Social services support
- Preconception gestational diabetes support
For more information on our obstetrical services, our Labor and Delivery, or our Nursery, call (801) 465-7052.