For some women, pre-existing health problems such as diabetes, high blood pressure, heart disease or asthma make their pregnancies risky from the start.
That’s why we collaborate with our maternal-fetal medicine team to deliver a wide array of diagnostic tests and services, right here at Mountain View Hospital.
If you’d like a consultation with a Maternal-Fetal Medicine physician, please call 866-887-3999.
Comprehensive Personalized Care for Expecting Moms
Personalized to meet the unique qualities of your pregnancy, our comprehensive services include the following:
- Consultations and recommendations
- Regular obstetric ultrasounds
- Detailed ultrasounds
- 1st trimester nuchal translucency screening
- Genetic screening
- Prenatal diagnostic services such as amniocentesis and chorionic villus sampling.
- Preconception counseling
- Antenatal testing
- Fetal therapy such as blood transfusions and fetal surgical procedures
Are You High Risk?
A woman may be considered at risk in her pregnancy for any of the following reasons:
- Younger than 18 or older than 35
- Underweight or overweight
- Anemic (low red blood cell count and poor nutrition status)
- Previously given birth more than four times
- Previously delivered a very large or very small baby
- Previous miscarriage
- Family history of genetic disease or a previous baby with a birth defect
- Weak cervix
- Pre-existing medical conditions such as diabetes, high blood pressure, heart, lung or kidney disease, lupus, rheumatoid arthritis or epilepsy
- History of blood clots
- Use of infertility medications or treatments (more likely to result in multiple births)
- Use of cigarettes, illicit drugs or alcohol to excess